Saturday, August 21, 2010

Bidding food farewell?

This morning I started with my frozen blueberries, frozen bananas and chili-cocoa nibs (and some green smoothie).
Have to eliminate the dates on the photos...
Super yummy! I love "ice-cream" for breakfast.
I can tell you right now, this day wasn't 100% raw again, but I think I'm on a good path. (I'm snacking on home-made seitan nuggets right now v.v)
In the afternoon we went shopping fresh fruits at the organic food shop. I got some dried mango and figs, also. The mango were a bit sour and not as chewy as I imagined it to be. But it was okay.
At home I freezed 6 bananas and ate one, meanwhile we cooked brown rice, a lot of mushrooms we got from Rafaels parents and broccoli. I ate 3 small plates of that together with sesame-almond tofu. v.v
I also had a small piece of chili chocolate, a lot of dried figs and mango.
Someone, hide the seitan, I love it way to much. Tomorrow some friends of mine want to go grab some falafel... I think I'll pass on that. ; )
I have to practice shooting photos of food. I'm using the digital camera right now and discovered some more kitty pictures I want to share with you.
Cute Boldi showing us his cutey paw
Double kitteh baskets, so intense!
Rafael craved some fries today and wanted to say good-bye to fries. He does that with almost every possible meal when he wants to start a diet. He spents more time on bidding farewell to "forbidden" food than sticking to the original diet.
What do you think of bidding food farewell?
I resisted to say goodbye to all the tasty cookies in the store, because that task would never be done completely, lol. Just one more bite, plz...

3 comments:

  1. Cute cat pics!

    Saying goodbye to a food is a slippery slope as you can imagine. I usually try to think of it is farewell for now and think of how many other times I've had it.

    As for your question on buckwheat, soaking it makes it easier to digest. Then dehydrating it makes it crunchy like cereal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your kitties are so cute, especially in the baskets!

    Bidding food farewell...what worked for me was just the exact opposite! I found tons of wonderful raw food and recipes(goneraw.com has over 4,000)and said 'I can eat anything and everything I want here':) Hope you find what works for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is an incredible rousing article.I am basically satisfied with your great work.You put truly exceptionally accommodating data...  coconutmilk

    ReplyDelete