Friday, August 27, 2010

Chips and Cookies

Yesterday I got my weekly supply of fresh, local vegetables. I ordered Palm Tree Kale and ate the whole bunch the same day. I made my first Kale Chips (at first I wanted to try salad, but raw kale is a little squeaky for me).
I tried 3 different flavours. First was nutritional yeast and herb salt, then garlic powder and balsamic vinegar and finally pepper powder and salt. I made them in the oven, therefore they weren't raw. But I liked them. Next time I'm gonna marinate them before baking, because the final product lacked some flavor. Never thought I could eat so much kale. It's amazing how much food can shrink.
The dried mango I ate last week were 1,2 kilos when they were fresh...

I just can't find dried and unsweetened cranberries. I'm really into dried foods right now (and mangos <3).
Yesterday I I ate one green smoothie with spinach, blueberries and stevia for breakfast. Second breakfast were the kale chips. For lunch I had double layered cookies. I didn't eat anything for the rest of the day. How could I? I was shopping at the organic food market and the cookies were on sale and I could try them in the market. So I bought them, because I love those with chocolate. At the health food store then the ones with vanilla were on sale, too. So I bought a second package. Shame on me! Of course I ate them all (a few I gave to my boyfriend).
Nevertheless I lost about 3 pounds. So I'm gonna continue my raw path.

I fell in love with so many recipes. I made oat milk and almond milk and have to restrain myself not to drink everything. This week I also had these great nori rolls (you can't really call them sushi without fish or rice, can you?).
The white ones are with rice noodles on the outside. I spread the vegetables with wasabi, and I'm a wasabi addict. But that really hit me, ouch!
The fillings were:
- cucumber
- yellow bell peppers
- carrots
- sesame
- spinach leaves
- pickled ginger
- mungoose sprouts
I recommend to make extra wasabi and not to spread the roles with it. It's dangerous, guys!

I love to have a different salad everyday. I love them with sprouts and dried fruits. Here's a picture of Rafael's happy salad.
Happy salad is happy
I know I could make a whole blog only about my kittehs, but for now I'm still mixing raw foods with footage of cuteness.



P.S.: Zumba was great! My instructor is even younger than I am, but I want to go there as often as I can, starting next week.

1 comment: