Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Five toes and hard shaped sweets

Hi everyone!
I'm feeling great these days and I have the urge to get a little more active. I haven't been in the gym for ages, since I find it really dull there... but tonight I'm gonna have my first Zumba class. I'm super excited about it. Rythm and dancing has been my world for many years and I can't wait to start that again. When I went to school I had dance training every week. This Zumba class is 5 times a week, so I can decide how often I want to go. The dance school also offers Hip Hop dancing for 20 year olds and up (I'm turning 21 next month o_o). This would be twice as expensive as the gym is, but if that's what brings me to shake my butt, I'm gonna go for it. I can afford that.

Eating raw also got better. I eat about 10 percent cooked everyday (maximum), without any rules. Just because I have a lot of options in my fridge that want to get eaten.
Yesterday I noticed that my blender is a little broken (I bought it last month). So I will be sending it for repair on thursday. I think I'll need an official bill, but amazon will send this in 5-8 days. I hope everything will turn out ok, I want my smoothies back!
Rafael is really focused on consuming cool stuff, so he tells me about the vitamix blender, the Norwalk juicer and a lot more equipment we should buy. I think we'll be fine with our 100 euro Philips blender.
A friend of mine is planing on buying a dehydrator and I can borrow it anytime. Maybe we spend money on one of those... I thought they were a huge waste of energy, but I didn't really research on that much.
What do you think of raw food equipment? And how expensive do they have to be?

We also think of buying vibram five fingers shoes. Some friends of mine are very happy with them.
 Does one of you have these? How do they feel?

For breakfast I have a nice fruit salad everyday, sometimes with buckwheat, cocoa nibs or hemp seeds.
Since we have a lot of bananas right now, I ate a second breakfast today. Two bananas, some maple syrup and macadamia nut butter. Yes, life's good.

Saturday I made the first food picture of mine that I actually liked. In the front you can see grilled eggplant with mixed mushrooms, behind there is a delicious mixed vegetable salad (raw) and walnuts and a dried tomato on the side. I'm not good at grilling eggplants, but I love to eat that at Italian restaurants. How do they do that? I'm asking myself this question every time I eat at and Indian restaurant, too.

This Sunday I thawed the raw dough from my last picnic. The dough is made of hazel nuts, agave syrup and tamarind. Last time I filled the cupcakes with sour cherries and chocolate-avocado-cream. This time I filled them with banana, vanilla extract and almonds. My friends really enjoyed those.
The best surroundings for my sweets

1 comment:

  1. For raw equipment, a good blender like blendtec or vitamix is a good investment but not a must. you can find much cheaper juicers than norwalk! even most juice bars don't own one. a dehydrator is NOT a waste of energy, it takes about as much energy as a light bulb.

    my husband has the vibrams and likes them. he uses them for water shoes, walks, stuff like that.

    your cat is so cute!

    ReplyDelete